Well, school has started which means I will not be posting as much as before!!!! My son allowed me to have some time today!!! Normally I would be at work at the current time that I am writing this, but Nathaniel ended up in the ER again this afternoon. I should probably start at the beginning!!
About 1 1/2 weeks ago Nathaniel being the boy and a 2 year old decided that it would be fun to jump on the bed. Well in doing so he split his forehead open on the headboard. The cut is only about an inch wide, but it ended up being deep enough to require stitches. So he did very well and came out of the ER with 6 stitches.
5 days go by and it is time to get the stitches removed. Again he did very well and sat perfectly while the doctor took them out and was happy that he got a sucker and stickers!! That was this past Friday.
Fast forward to today. I am in my brand-new classroom (which is very lovely, but is still not organized to how I need it to be) that does not have a phone. The secretary comes in and says that my daycare provider is on the phone in the office. So I run down to the office and ask her what happened. She lets me know that Nathaniel (who has one speed) was running around outside and ended up falling. She saw that he hit his cheek because it has dirt on it, but did not think that he hit his head too hard since he had already stopped crying and wanted to go about playing. She looks at his forehead to find that there is bleeding behind his band aid that is covering his cut (don't want it to scar too bad - so at daycare he still wears a band aid on it). So Eric goes and gets Nathaniel and I head start heading to the clinic -we did not think that it warranted another ER visit, since it was not bleeding that bad and had actually stopped by the time Eric had picked him up. FYI - Health Point does not have the means to give children stitches. So after a quick stop at Health Point we headed to the ER. Luckily, the doctor there said that it did not open completely up, but enough that he does want to glue it shut. So no more stitches, but still a wound on the forehead!!!
He is turning into the stereotypical boy, which means this will not be our last ER visit in his lifetime!!!! Hopefully, I will be proven incorrect.
2 comments:
OUCH! Oh my gosh, poor Nathaniel! I hope that little forehead heals up quickly and that he's able to not fall while it's doing so. He is definitely 100% BOY!! Reading this I kept thinking to myself -I am shocked we haven't ended up in the ER yet with Henry. Hopefully neither of us will have to go!
oh my goodness. I'm glad that stitches were not needed. That silly boy. Perhaps for Christmas Aunt Jeanie will buy him his very own bubble...just kidding...talk to you soon.
Post a Comment