7/27/08

The last big project.

Well, I am done with my summer renovations. This past week Eric's parents, David and Carol, were gracious enough to come help me put laminate on the floor of our entryway and stairs. It was a two day project, but the results are worth it. We love it and overall it was not too difficult. There was a lot of precise measuring that needed to be done. But in the end I was able to take back the two extra boxes that I had purchased for the 'just in case' case. Anyway, I had to go through some old pictures and these are the best ones that I could find for the before.

The first (and only day that I had thought it would take) day I took Nathaniel to daycare hoping to have three people working and getting it done before it was time to get the boy... despite working our hardest and thinking way too hard for one day :) *note we are all school people so summer should be a time that requires little calculation and thinking!!! :) We did not complete the project. Come to find out Nathaniel was a great asset and was very helpful when he got home.
We called it quits when we were cutting the pieces for the risers and I was having trouble cutting a straight line!! I was tired. It ended up being a very draining day at least we had completed the landing and had the stairs ready for the laminate (Thank you Carol and Nathaniel).
The second day was much easier than the first. Once we got in a routine the stairs ended up being pretty easy compared to the floor. Not so many corners and doors. Nathaniel spent most of the afternoon with Carol at their place. They were nice enough to bring dinner down to us after the boy's nap was finished.
The cooks enjoying their dinner together.

Well, what you all have been waiting for... The AFTER pictures.





2 comments:

Christina said...

WOW!!! What a huge difference that floor makes. It looks like a different house! I love it. All of your hard work paid off. YAY! And now you can rest knowing you accomplished a TON on your summer break! :-)

It was fun getting together with you and Nathaniel at the zoo last week. We're definitely up for doing it again!

Christina

Anonymous said...

The floor looks great. It really brightens up your entry way. So are you going to do it anywhere else?

Jennifer